Description of Whatsapp
WhatsApp Messenger is a fast and easy application for communicating with friends, colleagues and teammates wherever you are and whenever you want to. Like most of the other messengers, WhatsApp uses only the mobile/web traffic to deliver messages and to make free calls, which means you can save some money. Windows version of the tool is operating together with the mobile version of the messenger (Android or iOS), so in order to download and install the Windows version of WhatsApp, you need to have the mobile version of the messenger installed on your smartphone/tablet first.
WhatsApp’s abilities and special options
Have a brief look at the most important features and opportunities of the app that make it convenient for each and everyone:
- Group chats, which can have up to 256 contacts, that allow to share videos, photos and messages. You can also come up with a title for the group, disable or enable personal notifications and much more.
- Audio and video calls. Both desktop and mobile WhatsApp clients make it possible to talk to a person on another side of the globe by making a free chat or call. If voice calls are not sufficient for you, video calls are always available in this tricky app.
- Easy and flawless synchronization between all your devices. This ability allows you to switch between any of your gadgets instantly, maintaining versatility, flexibility and comfort.
- High security and protection from hackers and third-party apps, thanks to the embedded end-to-end encryption and to the application of the 128-bit protocol within the calling app. Due to usage of modern protection mechanisms, no one will be able to listen to your call or read your chat (even WhatsApp messenger software itself).
- Instant exchange of photos and videos. You can even use the snapshots made by your on-board camera. As long as this free software tool applies modern mechanisms and methods to deliver images and clips, any multimedia content will be immediately sent, even if your web connection is low or non-steady.
- Easy sharing of PDFs, documents, electronic sheets, slideshows and other “heavy” file objects. You can send documents up to 100 MB in size. Thus, you can share anything you want.
- Recording of voice messages via interface of the messenger. By clicking on the recorder icon, you can leave a voice message for your recipient whether they are offline or online.
Currently, WhatsApp is one of the most popular chatting apps along with Viber, Skype and Telegram. The low entry threshold and efficient system requirements make new users choose this amazing tool to keep in touch with people all over the world fast and easily. You can always refer to the official website of the app where you can find latest updates, documentation and FAQs. Don’t miss the new versions of WhatsApp!