Line for iOS
- Interface screenshots
- Video review
Description of Line for iOS
Line for iPhone is a mobile version of the common messenger that can be used on any devices (phones or iPads) from Apple based on iOS operating system. Currently Line stands in a row with the brightest representatives of the messaging world, such as Viber, Telegram and WhatsApp. In major Asian countries the application has even overcome its competitors by the number of users. iPhone version of the app follows the overall concept of the iOS software by design, interface and usability, so don’t worry that your Line instance will look weird or awkward on your new Apple phone. Line app is available to download for iPhone right from this page.
Brief glance at Line
Here is the short review of vital distinctions of the tool:
- free and easy chatting wherever and whenever you are, from any preferable desktop or portable gadget.
- Free video and voice calls. If you are connecting from a laptop, the application requests the permission to access the embedded camera and microphone to establish the connection. Mobile users are suggested to provide permission to front camera in order to guarantee the successful maintenance of the talk.
- Line Out service that provides a chance to make international landline or mobile calls on devices without Line app installed for reduced fees.
- Interactive communication with built-in sticker packages, emojis and GIFs. You can choose exactly how you’re feeling from more than 10,000 individual stickers right from the built-in market store. If none of the free sets suits you well, you can purchase a different sticker pack for minimum price. Choose anything from the wide assortment of the suggestions to download.
- A chance to share anything you would like to from the chatting window: documents, spreadsheets, presentations, voice messages, media, photo, GPS-location data or contact info. You can embed anything from the list as an attachment.
- Special coupons and subscriptions to the official celebrities and brands’ accounts. You can follow famous TV-shows, artists and companies and receive the latest news regarding the activity of the trend in social network as well.
- Integrated Timeline for exchanging stories with your close friends by sharing stickers, clips and texts right on the feed.
- Exclusive Keep option that allows to store any of your content on the cloud and be able to access it anytime you want to.
- Notable opportunity to add new friends to the contact list by shaking the smartphone. Also, by the general rule, you can perform the same action with Line ID or QR-code scanning procedure.
- Integrated live video function to share important moments of your life.
- A huge variety of face effects and filters to revamp your chats into even better and cuter one.
- Face Play feature that lets you play interactive mini-games right from your chat or video call window. As a bonus, you can instantly post screenshots directly on the Timeline by a mouse click or finger tap.
- Line Today service — the latest news of current entertainment, sports and cultural events. As a bonus advantage, you can find fun community content, live broadcasts, videos and much more.
System requirements of Line for iOS
The only requirement the developer of the app announced is the version of iOS system, which has to be iOS 10.0 or later.
All earlier iOS versions are not compatible with the latest build. However, you can set up the earlier builds of the tool on former iOS releases, i.e.:
- iOS versions of 9.0 build and earlier than 10.0: App version up to 8.13.0
- iOS versions of 8.0 branch and earlier than 9.0: Messenger version up to 7.16.0
- iOS versions earlier than 8.0 release: Line version 6.7.0.
Let’s sum up: Line is a fluent, simple and vivid messaging service for social activities and interactive chatting/media calling. When you install Line on iPad or iPhone, you are given another reason to use this flexible tool on any compatible device either on the go, in the office or at home 24 hours a day.
Video-review of Line for iOS app
Download Line for iOS for free
|Line for iOS||Requires iOS 8.0 or later||.ipa||Download|