Skype: Messaging unavailable error
Skype is a telecommunications software that enables millions of individuals and businesses to perform calls worldwide. The tool offers the highest security standards, including end-to-end encryption and an obligatory authentication before adding new users to your tool’s contact list. The app is currently supported by the most modern devices, offering an unforgettable experience of quality service. However, some users might still face some issues regarding using the app. Skype messaging unavailable is one of the common problems you might face when using the tool.
Can’t send or receive Skype messages: list of solutions
Step 1. Check whether the program’s servers are online. To make sure that the app itself is not facing any issues regarding sending and receiving messages by its users, go to https://support.skype.com/en/status/ to find out the details about the program’s status.
At the bottom of the page, you can also find a list of the resolved incidents. In case the developers have recently dealt with some serious problems regarding the app, you might need to wait a bit before the servers act normal as usual.
Step 2. Sign out and log in to your app. Click on your profile picture, scroll down and choose Sign out. Then log in to the program once again.
Check whether your application is working properly now.
Step 3. Restart your PC or laptop/restart your smartphone. This easy trick usually solves 99% of all the issues regarding unavailable services.
Step 4. Refresh your application.
- Open the application and click on any conversation with any contact from your list.
- Enter the command ‘/dumpmsnp’ in the dialogue box and send it as a message. After that, you will see some additional information about your program and its current status.
- Now send a /MSNP24 command in using the same chat Window. It will not bring you any additional info and will look the same in your chat. That’s okay. Now log out from your account and sign in once again, as described in the previous solution.
- Now enter ‘/remotelogout’ in the dialogue box and send it. Then check if you can send messages normally. If Skype is not sending messages, restart your PC and check again.
Skype fails to send messages on my smartphone
In some cases, you might not be able to send or receive messages when using the mobile app. To solve the issue, please follow this simple manual:
- Make sure you have a stable Internet connection. You can use either Wi-Fi or mobile network.
- Sign out and log in to your application once again.
- Restart your device. As mentioned above, restarting your smartphone will usually help you to overcome most of the problems.
- Upgrade Skype to the latest version.
- In case you still have issues with using chats, try to delete the current Skype version and download another one. For example, Light version.
- If you are trying to use the program on your device for the first time, make sure it supports using the program.