How to change WhatsApp number
WhatsApp is a top-notch messenger with a wide range of unique functions for communication with no limits. The tool has an excellent interface with all the needed buttons and settings available right at your hands. An understandable design and rich functionality makes the program really easy to use.
When you create an app account, you are always required to enter your current phone number. Then the program will get an access to your contact list (everything is done with your permission only) and indicate which of your contacts are currently using the app. In other words, the program connects your phone number and your account.
However, in some cases, you might start using a new phone number (insert another SIM to your phone). In order to not create another app account, you will need to update your WhatsApp phone number.
Updating your number associated with the app will transfer all the account data, groups and settings from your old account to the updated account. Not to mention, your old account will be automatically deleted. Moreover, your contacts will no longer see your old number in their contact lists.
Note: all your messaging history will be still available on your phone.
How to change WhatsApp phone number?
- Insert your new SIM into your smartphone and open WhatsApp.
- Go to Settings – Account and tap Change number.
- You will see a dialog window that notifies you about changing your data. Tap Next to continue the process.
- Then you will need to type your old number in the upper box.
- After that, type your new phone data in the lower box.
- Tap Next to continue changing your data.
- Turn the Notify Contacts option on if you want to notify your contacts about your changes. Your groups will get notifications automatically.
- Choose Done located at the top of your screen.
- Verify your new data through SMS. You will automatically receive an SMS with an activation code that should be placed into the required field.
All in all, starting to use a new SIM associated with your WhatsApp is extremely quick and easy. If you need to change your WhatsApp number, you will surely need no longer than just a couple of minutes. After you’ve successfully transfered your data, feel free to start using the app.
You don’t need to reinstall the app or use any other software in order to change your current number in WhatsApp. Furthermore, you can easily save all your chatting and calls history and continue your communication with your family and friends. If you need to notify your contacts about your new data, you can also do it for free. WhatsApp is surely taking care of its dedicated users!