Hangouts crashing: How to fix
Google Hangouts remains to be one of the most stable and reliable messengers. Facing any bugs or crashes is absolutely uncommon while using this popular tool. However, there are still a few chances of having certain issues and errors even with the best applications. As a rule, when people suddenly get a Hangouts crashing, they just don’t know how to fix it. In case your messenger has stopped working, we are sure you will be able to solve the problem in a couple of moments. How? The handy troubleshooting guide below is ready to help!
Hangouts crash: easy steps to fix it
- The first thing one should do before fixing the app is to stop the panic. If you have lots of useful information or important personal chats stored at Google Hangouts, in most cases you will be able to fix the app and regain access to everything you need.
- In case any app, including this popular messenger, becomes broken, restart the device. There is no difference which operating system you are currently using, turn off your gadget, wait for 30 seconds, and then switch it on once again. Amazingly, this simple trick helps to solve 90% of the program’s issues.
- If the previous advice doesn’t help, try to update your app. Updates are developed for fixing minor bugs in any program as well as for setting up new features. In case you renew your Hangouts, your crash might be automatically fixed.
- Sometimes it occurs that the recently updated app suddenly started to show errors. This way, your device and the app might not become compatible. This way, it is a good idea to uninstall those updates. For these purposes, go to Settings – Hangouts – Uninstall updates (the route is common for most devices).
- If your Google Hangouts stopped working, it might be also useful to clear the cache of your application. This can be done easily. Go to Settings – Hangouts – Clear cache.
Note: this will not delete any important data — all your calling and chatting history will be still accessible. Clearing cache deletes minor app files only.
As a conclusion, fixing the application is incredibly easy. You don’t need to install any third-party programs or utilities, as well as apply significant changes. Any common user is surely able to solve the majority of issues with the app — there is no programming or engineering knowledge needed. Since the messenger is having a stable and top-notch environment, the problems you might face while using it are minor and can be fixed in minutes.