How to send videos on Google Hangouts
Google Hangouts is a universal assistant for those who value quality communication with no limitations, bugs or errors. Being a top-notch service, the messenger has an outstandingly easy-operated interface and lots of necessary features. You can enjoy communicating via video and audio conferences with a whopping number of up to 100 participants, send messages in handy chats with countless opportunities for diversification through smiles and emoticons, as well as share media files with your contacts. Below you will find a simple guide on how to send videos on Hangouts in just a few simple steps.
Sending video in Hangouts using your gallery
The first method of transferring video files through the messenger is using your gallery on the smartphone (for the mobile versions, both Android and iOS) or laptop/PC (for web version). The process is incredibly fast and easy.
- Open your application and choose the contact to send your files.
- Now you will need to use your chatting panel. Find an image icon located to the left and tap it.
Right below the buttons of your chatting panel, you will see the images and videos stored in your gallery. Swipe to the left and to the right to choose the needed video and tap it.
- After you’ve successfully attached your file (the process is usually performed in a blink of an eye), you will see a small number on the Send button. This number reflects the number of files you’ve attached to your message. To send the video, tap the Send button.
Now your video will be sent to your recipient.
Sending video in Hangouts using your camera
Another common method of sharing video through the application is using your camera. Please note that this option is available only for the mobile version of Google Hangouts. In this case, you will be able to record video directly through the messenger and send it on the fly.
- Open the program and tap the contact whom you would like to send messages.
- Choose the Camera icon located to the right of your image icon.
- This will switch on your camera, so feel free to record video and share it with your friends using Send button.
Note: When you use the feature for the first time, the app will ask you several permissions you will need to provide.
- Allow Google Hangouts to have access to your microphone by tapping OK in the following window:
- Allow the program to have access to your camera by tapping OK in this window:
These permissions should be given only once. When you allow the app to have access to both camera and microphone, you will no longer receive this kind of notifications.
All in all, sharing the video using the application is really handy. Just try it and let your friends watch your amazing videos easily!