How to manage Skype notifications
Skype is a universal messenger that specializes in making calls and texting between mobile devices, laptops, computers, Xbox consoles and smartwatches without any financial obligations. The app also offers a unique feature of making phone calls to landline numbers for reasonable prices. The program has a whopping number of over 300 million of monthly active users, being one of the top messengers in most countries.
The program has a wide number of advanced options and features. The app notices are among them. In this article, you will get a detailed manual on how to set up Skype desktop notifications, as well as mobile ones, easily and quickly.
How to manage alerts using Skype desktop?
The process is really easy! You will need just a few instants to adjust your parameters so that they meet all your requirements.
- Open your desktop app and click on your profile icon.
- Scroll down in the opened window to find Settings menu and then click it.
- Click on Notifications.
- Chat Notifications: allow you to get alerts when you receive new messages.
- Reactions: enables users to get announcements when someone reacts on their texts.
- Notification sounds: a special setting to get audio notices for new messages.
- Tips & Tricks: Skype tips for the app’s main features.
- Scheduled call notifications: receive notification in case you have a scheduled call.
- Do not disturb menu: customize getting chat and call notifications, when you are busy.
- Feel free to set up the required parameters.
One of the most important features in this menu is Chat notifications. It allows you to set up whether you would like to get push notices when you receive new messages. With Notification sounds menu you can easily turn on or off the sounds for new messages. Changing all the parameters is optional.
The menu also has a Do Not Disturb submenu, where you can adjust parameters for this type of status. To know more about statuses, visit What are Skype statuses.
How to turn off notices for a certain conversation?
- Open your app and click on the desirable conversation.
- Right-click the conversation and choose View profile option.
- Scroll down in the opened window and choose Chat settings.
- Disable Notifications using the toggle.
How to set up Skype notices on your mobile?
- Open the app on your mobile and tap your profile picture. Then choose Settings.
- Tap Notifications.
- Adjust the settings according to your preferences.
You can also adjust some program notices in the General parameters of your smartphone.
- Tap Settings – Skype
- Tap Notifications
- Set up advanced options, such as Show on lock screen, Alert styles and others here.
How to switch off app notices for a certain contact?
The steps are absolutely the same as in the desktop version.
- Long-tap on the needed contact and select View profile
- Tap on Chat settings
- Turn on or off the needed parameter with a toggle.
As you can see, setting Skype mobile notifications is really easy and will take you just a couple of seconds to set up.
How to change Skype ringtone?
Unfortunately, setting up certain music when having new calls and texts is no longer available. According to recent information, the app developers are doing their best to add this feature to the newest app updates.