Skype updating problem & its solution
No matter what application you are using, it is exceptionally important to keep it updated to the latest version. Skype is not an exception to this rule. If you want to enjoy the best program’s performance with the top-notch quality of sound and video, you need to update your messenger regularly. However, some users might experience Skype update problem on different devices, including smartphones, laptops and PCs. This manual will help you to fix most problems with updating your app in no time.
Skype errors: basic fixes for all kinds of devices
- Check your Internet connection. Your app might be not updating due to broken or too low Internet speed. Just open your browser and visit any website to check whether your connection is stable.
- Security programs. Some security software might block updates of your messenger. Try to turn them off and try to update the messenger once again.
- Reinstall your app. Turn off and delete the messenger completely from your device. Then download and install its latest version on your device.
- In case your app can’t update automatically, do the entire job manually. For more detailed information about the issue, visit How to update Skype.
Skype for Windows: error 1603
Some Windows users might also face Skype update fail on their machines. If you suddenly got a 1603 error, this is because you have certain issues with setting up the files to the registry on your machine. Follow this simple guide to solve the problem.
- Download an automatic fix-it tool provided by Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed
- Uninstall the messenger from your PC or laptop.
- Run the fixing tool and wait until it is completed.
- Download and install the new version of the application on your machine.
In case your messenger is still not working and can’t update, check your operating system for malware. Different viruses, trojans and infected files are often causing issues with using Skype.
Skype for mobile phones: update failures
In case you can’t properly use an application on your Android, iPhone or Windows Phone, you will need to check just a few important parameters to fix most issues.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of the operating system on your smartphone.
- Check whether you have enough storage on your device.
That’s all! Updating the messenger has never been easier! Follow the guides above to continue using the application with no problems.