Skype call failed: Easy Fix
Skype is the world-leading application for performing free voice and video calls between its users. The utility is famous for its excellent interface and stable performance that offers an outstanding service globally. That is why there is nothing more disappointing when you suddenly face certain issues regarding using the program. Having low-quality calls? Fail to connect to Skype? Unable to receive messages and calls? Here you will find the most precise information on what to do in case Skype calls are not going through.
Basic fixes for the app’s proper work include:
- Check your Internet connection. Open any website in your browser to make sure you are connected to the Internet. You can use either Wi-Fi or mobile network connection.
- Make certain that you are calling Skype-to-Skype but not to the landline or mobile number of your contact. These features are paid services and require having a credit or subscription.
- Make a test call to check whether calls to other contacts will go smoothly. Find more details here: How to make a test call
- Reinstall the application. Just delete your app from your PC, laptop or phone and then install it once again. Miraculously, this simple trick is often helpful.
- Reboot your device. For these purposes, switch off your iPhone, Android or Windows Phone. Wait for 30 seconds and turn on your device. In case you are having issues or errors with the desktop program, restart your machine.
- Check Skype’s heartbeat. This means you will need to visit the developer’s official website to make sure all the systems are working properly.
- Examine your hardware. Check the volume buttons and pay attention to your microphone and speakers: they should be plugged into the correct ports.
- Allow your app to have access to your microphone. For Windows systems, go to Settings – Privacy and check whether you Allow apps to access your microphone.
If these easy solutions don’t solve your problem, go to the more advanced troubleshooting guide provided below.
Skype calls failed: pro tips
Solution 1. Turn off your firewall
- Press Window + R buttons on your keypad and enter control to the required field to get access to the Control Panel.
- Find the search field in the upper-right corner of the opened window. Type firewall in this field.
- Click on the first option found by your system.
- Click on Off on the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- Restart your machine to check whether your problem is successfully resolved.
Solution 2. Update your drivers manually.
- Press on Window + R buttons.
- Type devmgmt.msc in the field.
- Click on display adapters. Right-click on the device and choose Update driver.
- Select Browse my computer for driver software. Then choose the driver file you downloaded using the browse button when it appears and update it.
- Restart your machine and check whether your Skype call failed or it is now working smoothly.
Solution 3. Remove Skype configuration files.
- Make sure your Skype is closed.
- Press Windows + R and then type %appdata%\Skype. Click on OK.
- Delete configuration files.
- Press Window + R one more time. Type inetcpl.cpl in the needed field and choose OK.
- Go to Advanced tab and click the Reset button. Press OK.
- Check the Delete personal settings option and click Reset in the new window.
- Restart your PC and check whether your messenger is working properly.
As a conclusion, Skype remains to hit the top of the most easy-to-use messengers. That is why, in most cases, all its fixes can be made in a matter of few minutes.