Problems downloading & installing WhatsApp
WhatsApp is currently one of the best messengers in the world. The app is usually easy to download and install, since its interface is as simple as possible. Furthermore, it is an excellent software that is not likely to cause any issues with your smartphone. However, in some cases, you might be unable to install WhatsApp on Android, iPhone or Windows Phone. Here you will find a detailed manual on how to solve any problems related to downloading and installing the program.
What should you do if you can not install WhatsApp on Android?
In case you fail to download the app on your smartphone, make sure you are currently using Android version 2.3.3 or higher. To check the version of your operating system, go to Settings of your smartphone and choose About Phone (this route might differ in various models of Android devices)
It is recommended to download the app either from Play Store or from our website. In case you install the program from our website, you will need to make a couple of additional taps. Go to Settings – Security – Unknown Sources and activate it.
Note: if you are downloading the program from Play Store, there is no need to perform the actions described above. If you still can’t download WhatsApp from Play Store, consider looking for issues in your smartphone.
What should you do if you don’t receive an activation code?
When activating the application, you will receive a special code via SMS that should be entered in the special field. However, if you fail to get the code, double-check you’ve entered your phone number correctly. You will also need to make sure you’ve chosen your country in the drop-down list.
If you entered both country and phone properly but still can’t receive your code, request a voice call. This way, you will hear the needed data and will be able to add it to your app. Note: you will surely need to have an active SIM card for successful registration. Only one device per one phone number is available.
Furthermore, it’s important to double-check you have a stable and reliable Internet connection. This is one of the most common issues when it comes to downloading the program. You can use either Wi-Fi or your mobile network for downloading the app.
If you think that the program is not working due to some problems on your smartphone, you have two options to solve the issue:
- Clear the cache of your Android device. Go to Settings – Applications – WhatsApp and then tap Clear Cache option.
- Reinstall the app. Delete the app from your device and then download and install it one more time. Get full instructions on How to reinstall WhatsApp on Android.
WhatsApp is not installing on Android? Check whether your device is supported by the application on the official program website.
What should you do if you can’t download or install WhatsApp on iPhone?
If you want to start using the app on iPhone, you will usually need no more than just a few moments. However, some problems downloading WhatsApp on iPhone might rarely occur.
To solve issues of downloading the app to your iPhone, you can follow these easy steps:
- Make sure your country or region is eligible to use the app. The matter is that some countries, including Turkey, Iran, China, Sri Lanka, and Brazil can’t download or update the tool.
- Double-check you have the most recent iOS version. In some cases, WhatsApp might not be compatible with the certain outdated version of an operating system. Go to Settings – General – Software Update. Update your iOS in case the newest option is available.
- Check if you have enough free space for new applications. Go to Settings – General Storage & Cloud Usage. You will need to have at least 1GB of free space for WhatsApp.
- Make sure you have a stable Internet connection.
If you still can’t use the program, it is highly recommended to clear the cache of your iPhone. That’s extremely easy. Go to Settings and turn on the Airplane mode.
Wait for 30-40 seconds and turn off the airplane mode. This is the simplest way to clear all cache at your device.
WhatsApp is not downloading on iPhone or you can’t update it, despite you’ve made all of the above? Try to reinstall the program. Delete the app from your device. Try to install the device one more time. Get full instructions on How to reinstall WhatsApp on iPhone.
What should you do if you fail to install WhatsApp on Windows Phone?
Installing WhatsApp on your Windows Phone is usually quick and simple. But, in case you’ve faced some problems regarding the app, this guide is likely to help you.
- Reinstall the program. Reinstalling WhatsApp is likely to solve most issues related to downloading and using. To perform the reinstallation, delete the program from your smartphone. Then download the latest version of the tool one more time.
- Restart your phone. Just press and hold the volume button and the power button simultaneously until you feel a vibration. Then release the buttons.
- Make sure you are installing the program on the internal memory but not to the SD card of your device. Otherwise, you might fail to download the app.
In case WhatsApp is not downloading on Windows Phone and you have an 80048264 error code, you ‘ve probably failed to log in to your Microsoft account. Double-check you've entered the right credentials (or re-enter your account’s password)
All in all, in case you can’t install WhatsApp to your device, visit the official program’s website. Perhaps, you are trying to download the app during some fixes on the app’s servers.