How to share screen on Skype
Skype is a multi-featured messenger that offers countless opportunities for free communication. One of the most demanding app’s features is a screen sharing option that can be widely used both at home and in the office. You can share the screen of your PC or laptop while using the app’s desktop version as well as Skype online. However, the program doesn’t allow demonstrating the screen of your mobile or tablet to your contacts online. That is why you will not be able to show the screen of your iPhone, Android or Windows Phone smartphone; feel free to use the function for your Windows or Linux computer. Below you will find a detailed manual on how to share screen on Skype.
Sharing your desktop: why you might need it?
This option allows you to share the live video of what is happening on the desktop of your PC or laptop. This feature is surely a perfect way to demonstrate how to do something or to show another person what you're working on.
This tool might be very helpful when you work remotely and need to share any important information with your colleagues.
How to demonstrate your screen on Skype?
- Open your application.
- Click on Contacts and choose the person you would like to show your desktop.
- Click on headphone icon to make a voice call or the video camera button to perform a video call with the required contact.
- Wait until your contact will accept your call. When you’ve started talking, press + button in the lower-right corner of the window.
- Choose the Share screen from the drop-down menu.
- A pop-up window will appear. Click on the Share screen button to launch the demonstration.
Note: you can also enable computer sounds by switching on the toggle. This option is turned off by default.
- When the demonstration mode switches on, you will see a red frame on your desktop.
- To finish the demonstration, click on the + button in the right corner and choose Stop sharing.
Now you can discuss anything with your contact while not showing your desktop. To finish the call, click on the red headphone button.
Now you’ve learned how to share desktop on Skype. Although the process might seem a little bit complicated from the first glance, it is incredibly quick and easy. No additional software or tools needed, all the necessary options and settings are already embedded in your messenger. Enjoy using Skype effortlessly!