Telegram channel search
Telegram app is known for its top-notch quality performance and a wide number of different functions that are placed in handy and understandable menus. The program has a classical messenger’s interface with a number of advanced functions for experienced users and for those who want to improve their online communication. Among the most wanted features of the app are channels and groups. In this article, you will find a detailed guide on how to make a Telegram channel search and find the needed groups on the fly.
The first thing any user should know is the difference between the groups and channels. Groups are mostly used for chatting and sending files between different users (e.g. friends, classmates or colleagues), while channels are designed to provide news and reviews about a certain aspect, as well as offer an opportunity to download various types of files (e.g. music and movies).
As a rule, channels perform a broadcasting feature for large audience. Therefore, the amount of subscribers is not limited. Each post on the channel has its own view counter. Furthermore, if you become a new subscriber, you can easily read a whole channel history starting from day one. To know more about the issue, go to What is Telegram group.
How to find group/channel on Telegram mobile app?
Feel free to use your messenger on iPhone, Android or Windows phone — the feature is available in all the mobile versions.
- Open the program and go to Chats.
- At the top of your screen, you will see a search panel where you will need to type the name of the channel you would like to join.
- Tap the needed option from the list. You will be automatically redirected to the chosen page. Choose the icon of the channel to know more about it.
- In the opened menu, you will find some basic information about the chosen option as well as will have an opportunity to enable or disable notifications.
- To subscribe, tap Join at the bottom of your screen.
- Afterwards, you can mute the new channel by tapping the Mute button.
- After that, you will see the channel you’ve subscribed to in the list of your chats.
You can unsubscribe from the chat whenever you need. Choose the required option and tap Leave.
Note: If you want to make a Telegram groups search, follow the steps above. Finding the needed group is absolutely the same!
How to look for channels and groups on Telegram desktop?
There is nothing new that the messenger has a similar interface for both desktop and mobile devices. That is why getting new subscriptions on your PC or laptop has much in common with performing the same process on your smartphone.
- Open your desktop application and choose Chats. Type the sphere of your interest to find something interesting regarding the chosen issue on Telegram.
- Click on Join Channel button at the bottom of the menu.
- In case you don’t want to get any sound notifications, click Mute.
If you right-click on your new subscription in the list of chats, you will get even more options available for your convenience. You can pin the chosen chat to the top, disable notifications, search for certain messages or just leave the chat.
That’s all! Now you can easily keep in touch with all the news, sports, games and groups using your Telegram. The amount of the channels you can subscribe has no limitations!