How to accept contact request on Skype
Skype is a Microsoft service that offers countless opportunities for communication with your loved ones, friends and colleagues. The application can be smoothly integrated with your phone book as well as you can add contacts to your account manually. In this article, you will find a handy guide on how to view contact requests on Skype and add new people to your app’s contact list.
Since the application’s interface is flexible, user-friendly and universal for the majority of different devices, most users are not likely to face any difficulties when adding contacts to their Skype accounts.
How to accept contacts on Skype?
If you are planning to use the app installed on your smartphone, tablet, laptop or PC, this handy manual will provide you with all the necessary information on how to view and accept requests in no time.
- Open your application.
- You will see a special notification that you have a pending request. That means that someone would like to add you as a contact.
- Click on the name of the user who wants to add you. The dialogue window will automatically open in the right panel. Here you can read the messages from users who are not added to your program’s contact book, accept or block their requests. If you want to add this person to your account, click on Accept button.
- If you are not sure whether you know the person who sent you the contact request, you can easily find out more details about this user. Just click on the name of this user located at the top of the window.
- The pop-up window will appear. Scroll down to get more information about the user. Click on Add on Skype button to accept the contact.
- In case you don’t want to communicate with the contact who sent you the request, you can block it. This way, you will not receive any notifications, messages and calls from the blocked user. Choose the Block button for these purposes.
How to add new contacts using Skype online?
In case you prefer using the web application, the process of adding new contact will look almost the same.
- Sign up to your account at https://web.skype.com/ and click on the notification you’ve received.
- Click on Accept, Decline or Block button.
Note: if you press on Decline button, you will just reject adding the new contact. However, you might still receive messages and requests from this user in the future.
Now, you’ve successfully learned how to accept Skype request without any exertions. As experience shows, this process usually requires just a few seconds and can be made even by people with a lack of experience in using the program.