How to delete Skype history
Skype is a fully customized cross-platform application with a convenient and clear interface. Being one of the 5 most innovative apps for communication using computers and portable devices, the program has been holding a significant market share for over 10 years. In this article, you will find some handy tips on how to delete a Skype conversation as well as certain messages from the chat with the needed contact on different kinds of devices.
How to clear your Skype history using the desktop app?
It’s extremely easy. There is no need to use any specific software for deleting your conversations. The program’s embedded functionality allows removing the conversation history in a matter of moments. Just follow these easy steps!
Step 1. Open the program on the laptop or PC operated by Windows.
Step 2. Go to Chats located on the main menu of your application.
Step 3. Right-click on the contact you want to remove your chat and calls history with and choose Delete conversation from the drop-down menu.
Note: This will not move away the contact from your Skype contact book but will clear all the conversations with the chosen person. Furthermore, the history will be cleared on your device only.
How to delete a certain message using Skype desktop app?
- Open the program.
- Go to the Chats located on the main menu.
- Click on the required contact.
- Go to the right panel where all your messages with a certain contact are displayed. Right-click on the required message and choose Remove option.
- When a confirmation window pops up, click on Remove.
Note: This will erase your message from your laptop or PC as well as from your contact’s device.
How to clear your conversation on Skype using iPhone?
The process of removing the conversation history is also as simple as 1-2-3. Find out how to delete Skype history right here below.
- Open the app on your iPhone.
- Go to Chats panel and long-tap on the conversation you would like to move away.
- Tap Delete conversation.
- Confirm the removal by tapping Delete.
Note: the history of chats and calls with a chosen contact will be removed on your device only.
How to remove a certain message on Skype using iPhone?
- Open your Skype.
- Go to Chats and choose the needed conversation.
- Long-press on the message you want to remove.
- Tap on Remove.
- Confirm your action by choosing Remove.
You can also erase several messages simultaneously. For these purposes, repeat the first three steps described above, then:
- Choose Select messages;
- Select the messages you want to get rid of and tap remove;
- Confirm you want to move away the chosen messages from your history by choosing Remove in the pop-up window.
This will also delete the messages on both your and recipient’s devices.