Skype download & installing problems
Being the highest quality messenger, Skype offers a perfect service to all its customers. The app’s developers keep in touch with all the issues regarding using the tool and always try to fix them immediately. Furthermore, the support team is always ready to help in case you face any problems while using the program. However, sometimes happens that you need to fix Skype download problems and troubleshoot its unsuccessful installation.What should you do in case you fail to download and install the app on your iPhone, Android or Windows-operated PC/laptop? This guide might be helpful for solving most issues concerning the primary set up of your messenger.
Failing to download Skype: full fix
- Make sure you have a reliable and steady connection to the Internet, since it remains to be the most common reason for downloading errors. In case you are using smartphone, it’s a good idea to switch between the mobile network and Wi-Fi. If you are installing the app on your laptop or PC, try to use a wired network. You can also search for something online to find out whether your Internet connection is fast enough.
- Turn off your antivirus. Some antiviruses and firewalls might automatically block downloads to your device. That is why you can easily turn them off for a certain period of time and let your download process come without any obstacles and additional malware control.
- Note: use only reliable websites to get your Skype. For example, feel free to download a safe version of the messenger on this website.
- Turn off your downloading software. Make sure your third-party download managers are switched off. You can easily re-enable them after your Skype version will be successfully downloaded and installed on your device.
- Close all the other programs that are using Internet connection. The same rule goes for watching videos online. The matter is that all these activities are eating your bandwidth, while you need a good signal.
- Check for having enough free space. Make sure there is enough unoccupied space for the messenger on your device. If you lack it, delete some files or apps.
Fail to install Skype: full fixAs a rule, the Skype installation problem can be fixed in minutes.
- Check your device for compatibility. Make sure your gadget supports the newest version of the app.
- Review your operating system for available updates. Always use the newest version of your operating system, no matter what type of device you are using.
- Reinstall Skype. Delete the previous version of the messenger completely from your device and restart your gadget. Then try to install the app once again.
- Troubleshoot the registry error. In case you have a 1603 error while installing the tool on your Windows machine, get an automatic solution for fixing the issue: https://support.microsoft.com/ru-ru/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed
All in all, most Skype problems can be easily solved by beginner users. However, if you still fail to start using the tool, don’t hesitate to contact its support team.