How to make a call on WhatsApp
WhatsApp, one of the most widely used messengers in the world, also offers its users an opportunity to perform audio and video calls for free. No matter how many miles you are away from your friends or family members, you can easily keep in touch with your loved ones. In this article, you will find several detailed manuals on how to do WhatsApp call using various portable devices as well as the app desktop version.
Performing both audio and video calls with the help of the program is incredibly easy. The app offers its users all the needed tools available at hand.
How to make a call using WhatsApp for mobile?
Making both audio and video calls with your smartphone is easy-peasy.
- Open the app and tap Calls located in your bottom main menu.
- Tap the Phone icon in the upper-right corner.
- You will see the list of your contacts who are using the messenger. Tap Video icon to the right to the needed contact to perform a video call or the Phone icon to make a simple audio voice call.
- In case you would like to make a group WhatsApp call, tap New Group Call at the top of your screen.
Don’t forget to learn more about group calls.
Note: if you would like to accept an incoming call, tap the green Phone icon. To decline an incoming call, swipe up the red Phone icon.
You can also make a call from your chat menu. Go to the Chat with the needed contact and tap Phone or Video icon at the upper-right corner.
How to make a call using WhatsApp on PC?
Unfortunately, the official messenger's client doesn’t support calling from PC. Therefore, you might choose alternative ways of making calls, such as a smartphone or tablet.
One of the most popular methods of how to activate WhatsApp calling from PC is using other programs.
One of the easiest and most widely used services for performing calls with the popular messenger from Windows-PC is Bluestack.
Using Bluestacks Emulator
Bluestacks is a well-known emulator that allows installing different mobile apps on your PC. WhatsApp desktop calling can also become available after installing the messenger to the program.
- Download and install Bluestacks emulator on your PC or laptop.
- Open it and go to 1Mobile Store, find the messenger and install it. You will need to wait for a couple of moments.
- Configure messenger settings on Bluestacks: open your messenger and choose Agree and Continue.
- Add and verify your phone number with an automatically generated 5-digit code.
Now you can start calling your friends and loved ones using WhatsApp on desktop. For these purposes, open the program on Bluestacks emulator and choose a contact you would like to communicate with. Click it and press Start Call option.
How to make a call using WhatsApp on Mac?
Find out detailed information on How to use the messenger on Mac.
The program can perfectly fit almost any type of modern smartphone. However, to make calls from a PC, you will need to use some additional tools.