How to use Telegram on PC
Telegram remains to be one of the easiest ways to stay in touch with all your friends, colleagues and loved ones using the online messenger. Although the tool is really easy-to-use, its installation process might cause certain difficulties for beginner users. If you still hesitate whether you will cope with setting up the program on your PC or laptop, the guide below is just for you. Discover how to use Telegram on PC in a matter of moments!
How to install Telegram on your computer?
- Download the app to your device. You can find the needed version on our website.
- Open the downloaded file and choose Run to initiate the installation process.
- Choose the required language you would like to use during the installation and click OK.
- Pick up the folder where you would like to save your messenger. You can also leave the default folder offered by the wizard with no changes. Press Next.
- Click Next in case you would like to create a desktop shortcut. Otherwise, uncheck the following option.
- Press the Install button.
- Click Finish to complete the process.
Now your message will be launched automatically. Press Start Messaging.
- Enter your phone number and press Next. After that, you will receive a secret code on your mobile. Type it into the needed field.
If you’ve entered the secret digits correctly, Telegram will start on your PC or laptop. Now you can begin using one of the most popular messengers in the world on your computer.
How to use Telegram desktop?
- Open Telegram on PC.
- To add a new contact to your app, open the main menu at the upper-left corner of your program.
- Press Contacts in the opened menu.
- You will see a list of Contacts you’ve previously saved. Scroll down and Choose Add Contact.
- Enter the first name and last name as well as the phone number of the person you would like to save and click on Create.
- To write your first message, choose the needed person, type your text in the message field and press Enter.
- To share files, photos and pictures with your respondent, click on the clip button and choose the required file from your PC. The number of files you can send is not limited.
- Telegram is known for its colorful stickers and emoticons. You can make your communication more exciting using these bright pictures. Just click on the smiley icon to the right of your chatting panel.
- To edit the information about any person from your list, choose the required contact. In the opened menu, you will be able to edit or delete it, clear your conversation or block the user.
If you are looking for more advanced options and features, click on the main menu and choose Settings.
Telegram allows its users to edit their profiles, manage notifications and privacy, choose chat settings and language. All the needed tools are available in a single main menu, so you are not likely to get lost in the messenger's settings.