How to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
WhatsApp is the world leading messenger with an outstanding number of functions. The application has various versions for Android, iPhone and Windows Phone as well as desktop solutions. Therefore, if you are planning to migrate from one device to another, you are not likely to face any difficulties with moving your data. In this article, you will find detailed information on how to switch WhatsApp from Android to iPhone.
Most users find it important to move their chat history from Android to their new iOS device. The process is amazingly easy, so you will need just a couple of moments for transfer.
How to move WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone?
- Open your app on Android device and go to Settings – Chat.
- Choose Chat backup option.
- Now all your chats were successfully stored.
- Delete the app from your device. Uninstalling the program shouldn't be difficult and will take you no longer than just a few seconds.
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
Note: if you register the app on iPhone but haven’t deleted your account on Android, it will be canceled on your previous smartphone. The program can’t be used on two mobile devices simultaneously. Therefore, you will receive a notification about canceling your older account.
The transfer process usually requires some time depending on the size of your chat’s backup. You will need to wait until the process is finished.
Another method that allows you to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone is the email option. However, this solution will not automatically update your chat history in the new phone. You will only be able to review your chats in your email.
- Go to Setting – Chats Setting and then Chat History and Email chat.
- Choose whether you would like to store your chats with or without media files. In case you select with media files, you will have a larger message.
- Enter your email to send the message with your chats and tap Send.
The second method is really great if you want to store your messaging history with just a few contacts. However, it might be not suitable for transferring a large amount of data connected with numerous WhatsApp contacts.
Although migrating accounts between two different devices might seem a little bit complicated at first glance, even beginner users will surely cope with it. Moving your data is quick and easy.