How to make a Telegram call
Telegram is a cloud-based VoIP messenger that has over 200 million active users per month. Being incredibly popular globally, the utility has an excellent interface and countless features for every need. The program is supported by most popular operating systems, including Windows, Android, iOS, MacOS, and Linux as well as various kinds of devices (phones, tablets, laptops, and PCs).
The tool enables its users to send text and video messages, use secret chats, share media files, locations and contacts as well as make communication online more enjoyable with using colorful and funny stickers. The only feature that is currently unavailable for the app users is Telegram video call. However, you can still perform voice calls to your contacts in a matter of seconds. Below you will find a short user guide on how to make your first call using the messenger.
How to call on Telegram desktop version?
- Open your application and choose the needed contact.
- Click on the phone button in the menu located to the right of your list of contacts.
- To finish your call, click on the red button as you always do for making regular calls.
How to call on Telegram mobile version?
The app’s mobile version looks almost the same as its desktop analog. However, it has a few differences you need to know.
To make a Telegram call using your smartphone, please follow these instructions:
- Open the program and choose the desired user. You can either pick up the needed contact from your contact list or recent calls/chats.
- Tap the blue icon located to the right of your contact name.
- Choose the phone button at the right corner of the new menu.
Note: if you are using the app for the first time, you will need to allow the program to have access to your microphone.
Note: your contact should be online to start communicating with you.
In case the needed users were offline when you tried to contact them, they will get a notification about the missed call.
As a conclusion, Telegram is surely one of the easiest to use modern messengers. Feel free to keep in touch with your contacts with no barriers! If you want to learn more about the app’s functions, go to How to use Telegram on IOS and Android or How to use Telegram on PC.